I’m excited for 2018 & I don’t really know why. I guess I just got a feeling about this year being a good one. I didn’t set myself up with many goals last year. I know one of them was to finish recording a few songs. If you’d like to listen to them, click here. I’m glad I finally checked that one off of my list.
Here are a few goals I’m setting for myself for 2018.
- Lose 5-10 percentage of body fat. Honestly, I’d like to exercise my core more in general but I feel like losing body fat and gaining muscle is a good goal. Who doesn’t want a 6-pack!?
- Eat less sugar – I like to snack… a lot. This year I’d like to remove snack eating from my routine & replace that normal sugar intake with a decent meal.
- Learn ReactJS – This framework is taking off & most jobs are looking for a front-end dev with react skills. I already understand the concepts & feel like this would be good for my career. Lynda.com here I come!
- Play drums for a church or a band – I play drums at home a lot. Would be cool to play for a church or a band. I’m a little nervous about the time commitment of this goal but, it’s probably my favorite hobby I have so, why not!?
I don’t want to add toooo many goals so, I’ll just leave it to those. Happy New Years all! I hope its a happy and healthy year for everyone.
I haven’t had a ton of time to blog yet this year. That might be the one thing that I haven’t done on my 2016 resolutions list, which I’d consider an accomplishment. I’ve played a lot of drums which has made me very happy. I’ve also bought some recording equipment and cut back on my ambitions of recording 10 songs back to recording 4 songs. That has made the project much more reachable. I’m hoping to get those songs mixed and mastered at the end of July and to release them in August sometime. Fingers crossed that actually happens.
Continue reading “Mid-Year Check-in”
I usually try to do a list every year of things I want to accomplish or get better at for the new year. Here is my list for 2016.
- Play drums
- Record original songs
- Home updates
- Blog more frequently
- Make life simple and minimal
- Volunteer more
- Learn more programming
- Go to more concerts
- Remove stress
- Eat better
Some of these are pretty typical of every list but they are important to me. Let’s see how I do. Here’s to 2016! Happy New Year everyone!
Ever since moving to California I’ve been reminded numerous times about how we are in a drought. The news about the drought has been everywhere, on the local T.V. news stations, radio stations and newspapers. Outlets are promoting to save water usage non-stop. Here in the Sacramento area we are required to cut back 20% of our water usage. If caught wasting water, you could be presented up to a $500 fine.
While ALS is a terrible disease and all of the support from the latest “ice bucket challenge” has been amazing, I can’t help but think about how much water is being wasted. There are a lot of countries who don’t have clean water like we do here in America. I feel both causes are very important and I’d like to encourage everyone to check out an awesome non-profit called Charity Water.
I usually try to come up with goals for each season. Here are my goals for Fall.
Continue reading “Fall Goals”