I’m excited for 2018 & I don’t really know why. I guess I just got a feeling about this year being a good one. I didn’t set myself up with many goals last year. I know one of them was to finish recording a few songs. If you’d like to listen to them, click here. I’m glad I finally checked that one off of my list.
Here are a few goals I’m setting for myself for 2018.
- Lose 5-10 percentage of body fat. Honestly, I’d like to exercise my core more in general but I feel like losing body fat and gaining muscle is a good goal. Who doesn’t want a 6-pack!?
- Eat less sugar – I like to snack… a lot. This year I’d like to remove snack eating from my routine & replace that normal sugar intake with a decent meal.
- Learn ReactJS – This framework is taking off & most jobs are looking for a front-end dev with react skills. I already understand the concepts & feel like this would be good for my career. Lynda.com here I come!
- Play drums for a church or a band – I play drums at home a lot. Would be cool to play for a church or a band. I’m a little nervous about the time commitment of this goal but, it’s probably my favorite hobby I have so, why not!?
I don’t want to add toooo many goals so, I’ll just leave it to those. Happy New Years all! I hope its a happy and healthy year for everyone.
I love weekends!!!! Here is my weekend gratitude list for the last few days.
- Donuts – We tried Marie’s donuts this weekend which are ranked the top donuts in the area. They are tasty – I’m already craving more.
- Neighbors – We got some gifts for our neighbors for the holidays & ended up enjoying some wine with some new neighbors next door. Was great getting to meet them.
- Jay-Z – Through work, I scored free tickets to a Jay-Z concert. We had a good time hanging out until midnight. I felt like I was in college again.
We all have lots to be thankful for. Here is my gratitude list for today.
- It’s Friday – I love Friday! It’s the end of the week/start of the weekend. I can stay up late and not have to wake up early tomorrow!
- Lunch – Today, my boss is buying us lunch today! FREE FOOOD!
- Connecting with coworkers – we go on a walk everyday at 3:30. This, a lot of the time, is the highlight of my work day.
I’m going to start being more grateful about little things in life. Here’s my list for today.
- Almost the holidays – holiday spirit is in the air and everyone seems a little happier
- Beth didn’t have to travel over night this week – she usually travels for work a few days a week. Most of those days require an overnight stay. This week she came back home each day.
- Joey, our bulldogs sight. Our pup wasn’t able to see for a few days and we found out he isn’t producing tears. I’m grateful that the doctors knew what was going on and were able to help him see again with eye drops. He won’t be 100% but, we will take what we can get.
Recently, I posted about going on a vacation to Italy & France. You can read about the back story of this vacation here. It ended up being a 2 week vacation and all it made me do was want to travel more. Initially, I was a little nervous about traveling out of the country. As I stated in my vacation post, we don’t travel a ton. I couldn’t recommend it enough though after our experience. Continue reading “Ciao”
I just had my birthday on Nov. 18th. I’ve told a few people, “turning 32 just feels right”. I can’t put my finger on why but, it does. I’m finally used to telling people I’m in my 30’s and I’m actually enjoying it.
Last year, I said all I wanted to do was blog more… Welp, I didn’t accomplish that. In fact, at one point through the year I took down this blog. I struggle with using this blog to update people or just using social media. I like the blog because it doesn’t include all the crap that comes along with social media. So, here I am, blogging again.
Goals for this year include, using this blog more. :) Hopefully that actually happens this time. I’d also like to look into fasting one day a week. Sounds weird but, I’ve heard its good on your health by balancing out your glucose. Plus, Hugh Jackman does a 16-hour fast to prep for his movies. Who doesn’t want to look like that guy?! I’ll be using an app called “Zero” to help track my progress. Once the holidays are over I’m going to try to gradually get into this routine. Lastly, I enjoyed recording my last few songs and would consider it extra credit if I got to do another one or two songs this year.
Cheers to being 32! As my grandma says, “like a fine wine, I get better with age”. :)